How To Improve Gas Mileage
One of the most important features of your vehicle is the gas mileage that it gets. However most people do not realize that you can improve your vehicle’s gas mileage with a few simple tips. Saving on gas mileage is good for the environment and your wallet. Our trained Mercedes-Benz technicians always encourage you to maintain a regular maintenance schedule for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle.
Rich White, executive director of Car Care Council states, “Proactive vehicle maintenance is a motorist’s best money saving tip.” He also adds, “Routine auto care not only helps save on fuel costs, but it helps identify small issues so they can be serviced before they become bigger and more costly to repair.”
Five Ways To Increase Gas Mileage
- Check for Tire Pressure: If you consistently check and keep your tires properly inflated you’ll be able to improve gas mileage by up 3.3 percent.
- Use the Correct Motor Oil: Study and find the correct motor oil for your Mercedes-Benz. It can make the difference in gas mileage of 1 to 2 percent.
- Replace Your Clogged Air Filters: Checking your air filters and replacing them improves fuel economy. As an added bonus, it will also improve performance and acceleration on your vehicle.
- Check The Engine Performance: If you have any doubts about your engine or haven’t had a routine checkup in a while, make sure you bring it into our service center. We can run all of the tests to make sure it is running efficiently and if it isn’t, we have genuine Mercedes-Benz parts available to get it back to normal. Faulty engine performance can penalize your gas mileage by up 4 percent.
- Always Fix It: Whenever there is a serious issue, it’s important to get it fixed immediately. If you let a problem linger for too long, such as a faulty oxygen sensor, you’ll put yourself and your vehicle in grave danger. Fixing the oxygen sensor for example can improve gas mileage by up to 40 percent!
Our Mercedes-Benz Service Technicians Are Here To Serve You
Come visit our Brampton Ontario dealership for all of your Mercedes-Benz needs. We employ the best Mercedes-Benz technicians that are constantly trained every year to keep up with changes and trends to keep your vehicle running like new.
If you are looking to purchase or lease a new or used vehicle, come visit our dealership to see a great selection of Mercedes-Benz vehicles. #MBBrampton has a staff that will discover your needs and find the perfect vehicle for you. For more information, visit our website at www.mbBrampton.ca.