Things You Should Know About Mercedes-AMG GT 4-door Coupe
The current leader of the sports car division of Mercedes-Benz is the AMG GT, which was introduced in 2015. In just a span of three years, the GT has received several variants of itself, including the GT S, GT C and the GT R, with each variant being more powerful than the previous one. However, the new variant of the GT is pretty different from the others as it will be a 4-door coupe. The AMG GT 4-door coupe is introduced to compete with the likes of Porsche Panamera, Audi A7 Sportback and the BMW M6 GrandCoupe.
Here are some of the things you should know about Mercedes-AMG GT 4-door coupe before you buy one:
- Getting two extra doors might have converted the GT into a family friendly sports car, but it certainly doesn’t compromise when it comes to performance. The fastest version of the 4-door coupe can reach the mesmerizing top speed of 196 mph. The car also has a retractable rear spoiler, which creates extra down force to keep the car firm on the ground.
- The GT 4-door coupe comes loaded with layouts of some of the most famous racetracks in the world. You can take it to any of these tracks and the car will automatically start helping you improve the lap times.
- The GT 4-door coupe comes with large 12-inch side-by-side screens that display all the useful information on the dashboard. However, there is an extra screen in this car that can be found on the lower right side of the steering wheel. It is a tiny circular LED screen that displays the mode of the car you are driving in. The common modes include comfort, sport and sport plus.
- The AMG GT 4-door coupe is only available in the four-wheel drive version. However, before you get sad that it can’t slide around the corners, Mercedes-AMG has developed a special ‘drift mode’ for the 4-door coupe. This system locks the rear differentials and delivers the maximum power to rear wheels so you can slide around the corners flawlessly.
- The AMG GT 4-door coupe is actually a 5-door car because when you open the trunk it actually reveals the hatchback-ish design, which means you can create extra luggage space by folding the back seats. This makes the 4-door coupe an amazingly practical car.
- The AMG GT 4-door coupe features a V8 engine that can shut off its 4 cylinders to save some fuel in the economy mode. The fuel economy of the car is rated to be around 25.2 mpg, which is pretty impressive for a car of this magnitude.
The Mercedes-AMG GT 4-door coupe will be available for sale in early 2019.
If you are looking to buy any used or new Mercedes-AMG vehicle in Brampton, ON, then simply visit your local dealership at:
10 Zagway Cres
Brampton, ON L6R 0A9