Tips From Mercedes-Benz Brampton: Protect Your Vehicle From Theft
It can happen to anyone, at any time of day. Your vehicle could be stolen. In fact, auto theft across Canada and Ontario has increased, with a 6% increase compared to 2015 in Canada and a 5% increase in Ontario. The good news is, there isn’t a #MercedesBenz on the Ontario Top 10 Most Frequently Stolen Vehicles List. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do everything you can to avoid theft. Here are some simple suggestions that can protect you and your vehicle.
- Be sure to lock your vehicle and roll up the windows every time your leave your car. It makes it harder for the thief to get behind the wheel of your vehicle.
- Always park in a well-lit area at night and avoid darkened alleys or deserted parking lots. Try to park where there are street lamps or a visible security camera.
- If you have to park in a bad neighborhood, your vehicle should be equipped with a motion sensor alarm. A loud car alarm is a great deterrent.
- Never leave your car running and unattended.
- Don’t leave your car unlocked with the keys under the floormat, in the glove box or under the seat. Thieves know where to look, including that magnetized spare key holder your hid on the underside of your vehicle.
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight in your vehicle. Even if your vehicle is locked, thieves may not be able to resist the temptation to “smash and grab” your valuables. Once they get in, what’s to stop them from hot-wiring your vehicle?
- You might consider installing a GPS-tracking vehicle recovery device.
It’s also wise to keep vehicle information on your Smartphone, like the make, year and model, as well as the VIN (vehicle identification number). It will make it easier if you ever have to file a police report.
Most stolen vehicles are taken to a “chop shop” where they are disassembled and sold for their parts. The more common and popular the vehicle, the more desirable it is for car thieves.
At Mercedes-Benz Brampton, we know how important your vehicle is to you. That’s why we want to help you keep your vehicle safe. From routine maintenance including tire rotation and oil filter changes, our Service experts are here for you. If you need help installing a car alarm or tracking device, we’ll be glad to assist. For all your automotive needs, plus a listing of new and #CertifiedPreowned vehicles, visit our website at www.mercedesbenzBrampton.ca. We are a premier Mercedes-Benz dealer in Brampton, offering Mercedes GTA service.
10 Zagway Cres
Brampton, ON L6R 0A9